Sunday, 8 January 2017

the edge of seventeen



I began blogging just weeks after my fourteenth birthday, publishing my absent thoughts to a non existent audience, accompanied by a bad photo of some lip balm or my favourite body spray. Although my life has changed drastically since then, blogging remains the one constant and I'm endlessly thankful to my former self for choosing to document my teenage years. Looking back on posts from 2013 is painfully embarrassing, but I'm glad I gave myself the chance to watch as I grew up, through my blog, as it has now become such a crucial part of my teenage years.

In one hour, I turn eighteen.

It would be impossible to sum up the entirety of my emotions into one blog post, but for the sake of trying, I am: excited, scared and happy. My childhood has officially vanished, and suddenly I am supposed to grow up. I can now vote, drink, buy fireworks, apply for a mortgage, get married, get a tattoo and become an organ donor. It's as if all of a sudden, the keys to life have been handed to me despite the fact just yesterday they were out of reach.

If all goes to plan, 2017 will be the most important year of my life so far. I will turn eighteen, finish my A levels, move away from the town I've lived in my entire life and go to university... SCARY. I hope to continue documenting my life through this blog (maybe more consistently this year...) as I've done for the past four years. Everything from prom to my morning bus playlist has been published on this little space of the internet, and I am so happy about that.

For the past four years I've done everything to avoid posting photos of myself on this blog but today it seemed necessary. Me at seventeen, something you will never see again (lol fml).


Lately I've been listening to Kids In Glass Houses (what a throwback to year 7) and Modern Baseball on repeat, but I think only one song is appropriate today.


No comments:

Post a Comment